Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Progress

My mom went with me to the gym Monday evening and signed up for a membership too! She has also lost some weight by me cutting out the snacks. I think if we work together, we can really lose weight. My mom is not in the best shape and can barely walk for more than 15 mins but I'm hoping by her doing little by little and increasing each time, that she will be able to build up her stamina.

As for me, I try to do at least 2 miles on the treadmill or do 1 mile on the treadmill and something else (bicycle, elliptical, etc). I'm also going to try and increase each time. I didn't go for a week because I was waiting for my new shoes. The old shoes I had really hurt my feet. I mean I'd be driving home and my foot would cramp so bad that I would have to pull over. I went to the gym Saturday with my new shoes and I love them. I got the Nike Free Run 3+ shoes and they are so comfortable. I love how flexible they are! I can't wait to go the gym now and use my new shoes.


So does anyone else watch The Biggest Loser? This is the first season I've watched and I'm loving it so far. I'm not going to lie... watching the first episode of the season is what really motivated me to go to the gym. The day after the first episode, I went and got a gym membership at the local Planet Fitness, which is the gym that sponsors The Biggest Loser. Seeing the stories of the cast and how motivated they are is inspiring and motivates me. I'm looking forward to seeing the cast member's progress and who is The Biggest Loser in the end!

6 comments:

  1. I love the Free Runs! They are such a comfy shoe. I've never seen an episode of The Biggest Loser though.

    chevrons&anchors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shoes, I almost got them!

    It would be great if you and your mom lost weight/went to the gym together, perfect motivation for each other <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Nikes! They aren't Free Runs, but they keep my feet from hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never seen the biggest loser, but I've done some of the 30 day shread with that woman and I hate her guts already :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck loosing weight! I am trying to do the same thing and it is hard. Also thanks for the tip about the sneakers, I need running shoes because the ones I bought aren't which is recent news to me.

    ReplyDelete