Monday, September 2, 2013

Wedding

So if you remember, my best friend got married back in April. I haven't had a chance to post about it so I figured I would now! Her wedding was on April 14 in southern California. I drove down with my mom and we stayed with my uncle for a few days and then went to the hotel where the wedding was. We stayed there for 2 nights. It was a beautiful hotel. This was the first wedding I was ever in and only my second wedding I've ever attended.

When we were in the room waiting to walk out for the wedding, the wedding coordinator told us that she was the most calm group she has ever seen. No one was stressing out, we were just having a good time. I couldn't help but cry when K walked down the aisle to Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole. I still tear up when I hear it because, not only is it a beautiful song, but it takes me back to the wedding day (mind you... I work at a daycare and we play this song quite often). They did a unity sand ceremony, which I had never seen before. Overall, it was a beautiful ceremony and reception.



No comments:

Post a Comment